Formative years In 1900, Heinrich Koch from Glane founded a haulage business in Osnabrück with a horse and cart. His reliability was the basis for his success. This remained the case when his son Franz and his wife Paula took over the business, and still determines the company philosophy of Koch International today.
Reconstruction and generation change After the Second World War, the company was rebuilt from the rubble and supplemented by a warehouse operation in Osnabrück’s city harbour. The brothers Heinrich Koch and Walter Koch took over the company. They developed the still small company into a powerful forwarding agency known beyond the borders of Osnabrück.
Expansion through strong networks In the early 1970s, they built a new freight forwarding facility on the motorway BAB 1, Exit Osnabrück-Hafen – combined with a car yard. The business was consistently expanded by purchasing and renting several logistics halls. The establishment of the UTS and CargoLine cooperations also enabled the company to grow further.
Koch's fourth generation From 2004 to 2014, the brothers Heinrich Koch, Dieter Koch and Peter Koch ran the fourth generation of the Koch business. In addition to them, Heinz-Peter Beste and Uwe Fieselmann were part of the management team. From 1st October 2014, Heinz-Peter Beste and Uwe Fieselmann were appointed as managing directors. Since that day, both gentlemen, together with the managing partner Heinrich Koch, formed the management board of Koch International.
The course for the future In July 2013, Koch International moved to the new company headquarters on Fürstenauer Weg in Osnabrück – a modern logistics centre with headquarters, a 12,000 square metre transshipment hall and a 6,000 square metre logistics hall.
Global logistics Koch International presents itself as an innovative and versatile logistics company with over 700 employees. The fleet is one of the most modern on European roads. The company has daily access to more than 380 vehicles, over 100 of which are its own. In addition, there are more than 500 swap bodies and 170 semi-trailers.